The course consists of a 5 months e-learning programme (approximately 10 hrs / week at the convenience of the student) including assignments, with online support by a coach. The course is followed by a 2 days certification session (European avsec manager) in Brussels (EASTI). On request, the certification session may be organised at other locations. Participants will have access to the online course up until 2 months after the certification session.
The course, which is being continuously updated, covers the following subjects :
– history of aviation security and threats
– airport security
– aircraft security
– passenger and cabin baggage screening
– hold baggage screening
– air cargo security
– mail security
– air carrier catering, stores and supplies
– air carrier cleaning, stores and supplies
– general aviation
– the human factor in aviation security
– staff recruitment and training
– in flight security
– threat assessment and risk management
– crisis management
– international quality control
– national quality control
ALL subjects are being dealt with from an ICAO, an ECAC and an EU-perspective.
This course is aimed for governmental aviation security managers as well as airport and airline security managers.
The aim of this interactive e-learning course, whereby students are continuously coached by experts, is :
- To describe and explain the ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices and guidance material, ECAC Doc 30 and EC regulations with regard to aviation security;
- To facilitate the implementation of those regulations, recommendations and guidance material;
- To provide training in Aviation Security Management to the highest European standards available;
- To foster cooperation between the governments and the industry as well as between security experts;
- To provide access to the aviation security professional network and specialized information material.