About this course
This twelve-day course is designed to train base or entry-level airport security personnel to enforce, monitor and apply airport security measures in accordance with locally approved programmes, and to communicate and cooperate with other airport agencies. The course should be followed by a minimum of six months of practical experience working under the guidance of a qualified Aviation Security supervisor in the field.
Trainees should satisfy the following criteria:
- have written and oral command of the language of instruction.
- be engaged within organizations mentioned in the target population.
At this stage, no Basic Aviation Security Courses have been scheduled. In case you are interested to attend a course at a later stage, please free to fill in the Course participation interest form, without any commitment from your side : you will then be kept informed on any future courses, whilst additional courses may be included in case of sufficient interest.
Enable selected security personnel to:
- work in and move about an airport safely;
- communicate and cooperate with other airport agencies;
- control the movement of people and vehicles by means of access control techniques and systems;
- guard and patrol airport vulnerable areas, facilities and aircraft;
- recognize weapons and explosive/incendiary devices;
- inspect/screen/search passengers and baggage;
- respond to airport emergency situations; and
- escort people and consignments.
The target population will be new entrants and existing personnel at the basic level employed by the authority or organization primarily responsible for the application of aviation security preventive measures at airports and from such other aviation related agencies engaged in support activities