About this course
The course consists of a 5 months e-learning programme (approximately 10 hrs / week at the convenience of the student) including assignments, with online support by a coach. The course is followed by a 2 days certification session (European avsec manager) in Brussels (EASTI). On request, the certification session may be organised at other locations. Participants will have access to the online course up until 2 months after the certification session.
The course, which is being continuously updated, covers the following subjects :
- history of aviation security and threats
- airport security
- aircraft security
- passenger and cabin baggage screening
- hold baggage screening
- air cargo security
- mail security
- air carrier catering, stores and supplies
- air carrier cleaning, stores and supplies
- general aviation
- the human factor in aviation security
- staff recruitment and training
- in flight security
- threat assessment and risk management
- crisis management
- international quality control
- national quality control
ALL subjects are being dealt with from an ICAO, an ECAC and an EU-perspective.
As prerequisites, the participants must have sufficient experience in aviation and aviation security whilst command of the English language is essential. For security reasons, approval by the national appropriate authorities of the candidate may be required.
The fee is 3000 Euro for participants of Partners to this Programme (ACI-Europe, AIRE, EC Officials, ECAC Member States - appropriate authorities, PostEurop, CLECAT and IFALPA) and 5500 Euro for others.
In case you are interested to attend a course at a later stage, please fill in the Course participation interest form, without any commitment from your side : you will then be kept informed on any future course , whilst additional courses may be included in case
of sufficient interest
The aim of this interactive e-learning course, whereby students are continuously coached by experts, is :
- To describe and explain the ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices and guidance material, ECAC Doc 30 and EC regulations with regard to aviation security;
- To facilitate the implementation of those regulations, recommendations and guidance material;
- To provide training in Aviation Security Management to the highest European standards available;
- To foster cooperation between the governments and the industry as well as between security experts;
- To provide access to the aviation security professional network and specialized information material.
This course is aimed for governmental aviation security managers as well as airport and airline security managers.